Buying an engagement ring is one of the biggest investment you will make which is that of ‘Love’.
Before you decide to buy from any jeweller or shop below are some tips to help you.
- Decide whether you will buy online, with an independent jeweller or in a jewellery shop. If buying online ensure the jeweller is register with a trade association like British Jeweller Association, Craft Centre e.t.c to ensure ethical trading.
- The metal of the ring is important whether white gold, gold, platinum e.t.c. I will not advise you to buy silver for an engagement ring expect if your wife to be as requested it or due to financial problems.
- It is important to know diamonds’4Cs Cut, Clarity, Colour and Carat has it is important to the value of the diamond.
- The Personality type of your girlfriend is important because it will determine the shape of the diamond you will buy.
- It is important to know that there are alternative types of diamonds. Some diamonds are man made in the lab.
Nike Ademuyiwa, a member of the British Jeweller Association, is a jewellery expert with many years of experience in the jewellery industry. She is the creative director of Tink Jewellery a brand which tells people’s personal story either of love, life and style into the art of jewellery creation.